Mary Patricia Nowalk, PhD, RD
Dr. Nowalk is Professor in the Department of Family Medicine. Project Coordinator, Epidemiologist Co-I and PI on PittVax’s immunization studies. She is an author or co-author of more than 200 peer-reviewed publications; see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/14s6g54JLmnkd/bibliography/4742...
Her current research interests include:
• Decision modeling for pneumococcal and influenza vaccination
• Randomized controlled trials of vaccines
• Case-control trials of influenza vaccine effectiveness
• Trials of an immunization practice improvement toolkit.
Current funded research includes:
• Epidemiology, Burden and Cost of RSV Infection in Adults in Allegheny County, PA: A Retrospective Cohort Study
Dr. Nowalk also served as Principal Investigator for a large multi-year service grant from HRSA’s Bureau of Primary Health Care which provided funding for primary health care at the Matilda Theiss Health Center for uninsured individuals; screening for and prevention of disease, pregnancy prevention, behavioral weight control and obesity, and mental health treatment.